Question: HOW DOES XCLUDER® WORK?
- Answer: XCLUDER® is designed to stop gnawing and burrowing pests from entering your home, office or building in a safe and environmentally responsible way. Because its made from stainless steel and poly fibers, XCLUDER® has more "spring-back" than other pest exclusion products. The extra spring-back allows XCLUDER® to fill crevices and stay put indefinitely. Once in place, rodents cannot get past it or remove it. It's that simple.
- Answer: XCLUDER® can be cut to any size or shape with ordinary scissors. Install it by pressing it into rodent-prone crevices with gloved hands or simple tools like a putty knife or screwdriver. Cutting XCLUDER® to 2-3 times the size of the opening makes a good tight fit.
- Answer: XCLUDER® is made from stainless steel wool, it is a permanent solution.
- Answer: Yes. XCLUDER® has no impact on the environment, it's non-toxic, non chemical and therefore, no FIFRA regulations.
- Answer: Typical rodent entryways include holes underneath, behind and inside kitchen cabinets; inside closets; around air vents and dryer vents; around the fireplace; around windows and doors; behind appliances, around pipes under the kitchen and bathroom sinks; around electrical, water, gas, and sewer lines(chases); beneath or behind water heaters radiators, and furnaces and around any pipes or conduits that enter the building.
- Answer: XCLUDER® creates a barrier against attack from rodents and pests. By its very nature the material in XCLUDER® is sharp, fibrous and tough. No flying insect, mouse or rat can penerate XCLUDER® and if installed properly, it cannot be pulled out. Because of the thousands of sharp, tough fibers in XCLUDER®, a crawling insect (including bed bugs) is confronted with an enormous obstacle to try to get through. The tortuous path that has been created presents an obstacle which will cause them to move on rather than try to penetrate. This is the main reason why exclusionary products are used to prevent pests and rodents from entering your property.
Question: HOW DO YOU PREVENT RODENTS FROM BURROWING?
- Answer: Burrow holes in the ground are another way rodents gain access. Burrows should be baited before installing XCLUDER®. Plugging burrow holes using XCLUDER without a means to eliminate rodents may cause them to dig new holes to get out (save their lives) or to get back in. For large outdoor areas, use XCLUDER GEO.
- Answer: Rodent re-entry can happen, because one or more of the following:
- Doors and windows are left open.
- Gaps larger than 1/4" are not sealed.
- Rodents were not eliminated prior to rodent-proofing.
- Food or other items rodents find attractive are available, giving rodents cause to gnaw new openings or dig new burrows.
- Answer: XCLUDER® works because the coarse stainless steel fibers are irritating to pests. Stainless steel is an aggressive material and can cause skin pricks and minor cuts. The poly fibers serve two purposes.First, they allow XCLUDER® to lock into the opening. Secondly, they help guard against skin pricks from the stainless steel fibers. Using gloves gives an added layer of protection and is highly recommended.
- Answer: XCLUDER® has been tested and is safe to use in holes where the surface reaches up to 270 degrees F.
- Answer: XCLUDER® contains stainless steel fiber and stainless is an excellent electrical conductor, so it is not recommended to install XCLUDER® close to live electrical conductors. Installing XCLUDER® around fully sealed electrical conduit coming out of a wall is safe.